Take a moment and ask yourself: Could I handle doing a 30-day social media detox?
Has your use of social media sites:
- caused you to seek validation based on other people’s interest or approval?
- produced feelings of insecurity?
- distracted you from what’s happening in the moment?
- reduced your in-person interaction with friends and family?
- distorted your version of reality?
- prevented you from participating in relationships or activities?
- revealed too much of your private life?
- triggered you to behave in a mean or hurtful way?
- kept you from living up to your full potential?
Do any of these apply to you? If so, it may be time to consider taking a break from social media.